Thursday, January 24, 2013

My California Trip Summarized


Being a Triple-A member, I like to use their free maps. I have an U.S.A. map that I've used to chart my travels over the last year. This is the California portion of the map, for the last 20 weeks. I've looped back on my route several times and just filled in the part through Death Valley to connect to my original route along the eastern Sierra.

One can see my original entry across Nevada, with the jaunt up to Burning Man. Also apparent is the extent to which I used Fresno as a base. Also visible are my trip to Pismo Beach and the Sequoias, my two trips to the Bay Area, my trip up the north coast to Eureka, and my extended sweep down the coast to the Mexican border and back north. That loop one sees around the Salton Sea is because when I got to Palm Springs I discovered I had left my computer power adapter in El Centro. It was nice excuse to drive along both sides of the lake.
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments: